“DOLLY: THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION”
Dolly Parton’s Greatest Moments
Dolly’s Parton’s career comes to us on 19 DVDs and 35 hours of watching from Time Life. Parton, herself chose the selections of which early 30 hours of have not been broadcast since their original airings. We have selections from Dolly’s Variety Shows from the ’70s & ’80s, The Porter Wagoner Show, her unforgettable live London Concert, the authorized documentary “Dolly Parton: Here I Am” and an exclusive new interview with Dolly that was produced just for This collection and so much more.
Dolly is the Queen of Country, an award-winning songwriter, actress, television star, philanthropist, business mogul, icon and American treasure yet to her fans, she’s known simply as Dolly. From her start out of Nashville in the ’60s to her Hollywood debut and beyond Dolly has done it all.
Now, for the first time ever, here and the incredible highlights of Dolly’s remarkable career. Just the hair styles and outfits alone are worth a look.
The collection includes:
- 22 star-studded episodes of Dolly’s variety shows from the ’70s & ’80s with guest appearances by Oprah Winfrey, Kenny Rogers, Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Willie Nelson, Freddy Fender, Burt Reynolds, Miss Piggy, Merle Haggard, Smokey Robinson & The Temptations, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn and more!
- 7 episodes of The Porter Wagoner Show, from 1967 – 1974 featuring historic Dolly Parton performances including Jolene, I Will Always Love You, Coat of Many Colors, Mule Skinner Blues, and her very first appearance where she sang Dumb Blonde.
- A special Christmas disc featuring A Down Home Country Christmas with Mac Davis and Burl Ives, and Bob Hope’s Jolly Christmas Show
- Dolly’s spectacular Live and Well concert from 2002
- Dolly’s unforgettable Live from London concert from 2009 plus bonus features
- Rare TV appearances of Dolly throughout her career from The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and Crook & Chase
- The entire Song by Song: Dolly Parton series, highlighting Dolly’s most iconic songs and how they came to be
- Bonus features include Dolly’s University of Tennessee Commencement Address and Imagination Library Dedication Ceremony at The Library of Congress
- Classic duets with Dolly & Porter Wagoner taped live at the Grand Ole Opry
- Unforgettable Dolly Parton performances from the CMA Awards in the ’70s
- New bonus features created just for this collection featuring Dolly Parton reminiscing about memorable moments from throughout her career
- Exclusive, complete, and never before seen interviews with Brandi Carlile, Miley Cyrus, Vince Gill, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler, Kenny Rogers, Marty Stuart, Lily Tomlin, and Carrie Underwood!
- Plus your FREE Bonus DVD with the complete authorized BBC documentary Dolly Parton: Here I Am
- An Exclusive Collector’s Book filled with photos, Dolly in her own words, and loving tributes from her famous friends.
- It all comes in a beautiful Collector’s Box!
About Time Life
Time Life is one of the world’s pre-eminent creators and direct marketers of unique music and video/DVD products, specializing in distinctive multi-media collections that evoke memories of yesterday, capture the spirit of today, and can be enjoyed for a lifetime. TIME LIFE and the TIME LIFE logo are registered trademarks of Time Warner Inc. and affiliated companies used under license by Direct Holdings Americas Inc., which is not affiliated with Time Warner Inc. or Time Inc.
About Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton is the most honored and revered female country singer-songwriter of all time. Achieving 25 RIAA-certified gold, platinum, and multi-platinum awards, she has had 26 songs reach #1 on the Billboard country charts, a record for a female artist. Recently, Parton reached #1 on the Billboard Christian Airplay Chart for the first time for her duet with Grammy award-winning Zach Williams of “There Was Jesus.” Parton is the first artist to have topped the Billboard’s Adult Contemporary, Christian AC Songs, Hot Country Songs, Christian Airplay, Country Airplay and Dance/Mix Show Airplay radio charts. Parton recently became the first country artist honored as Grammy MusiCares Person of the Year given out by NARAS. She has 44 career Top 10 country albums, a record for any artist, and 110 career-charted singles over the past 40 years. In 2014 the RIAA recognized her impact on recorded music with a plaque commemorating more than 100 million units sold worldwide. Her 2016 #1 album, “Pure & Simple,” which topped the Billboard Top Country Albums and Americana/Folk Albums charts and debuted at No. 1 in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Australia, added to that massive tally. She has garnered ten Grammy Awards and 49 nominations, including the Lifetime Achievement Award and a 2020 win with for KING & COUNTRY for their collaboration on “God Only Knows”; 10 Country Music Association Awards, including Entertainer of the Year; five Academy of Country Music Awards, also including a nod for Entertainer of the Year; four People’s Choice Awards; and three American Music Awards. In 1999, Parton was inducted as a member of the coveted Country Music Hall of Fame. Parton has donated over 143 million books to children around the world with her Imagination Library. Her children’s book, Coat of Many Colors, was dedicated to the Library of Congress to honor the Imagination Library’s 100 millionth book donation. From her “Coat of Many Colors” while working “9 to 5,” no dream is too big and no mountain too high for the country girl who turned the world into her stage.